An extreme introvert, Aether follows a reclusive path dedicated to training. Preferring the company of wildlife to humans, he'll do anything to get you out of his personal space.
Aether delivers a powerful ground pound that will stun enemies, destroy nearby objects, and blocks shots on pound.
Using Aether's ability causes him to briefly wind up for his attack and then slam down on the ground. Aether's pound has a circular radius of 2.5 units from his center and can be used to damage surrounding dynamic or any other destructible objects within that radius by one. Opponents caught within the ground pound are hard-stunned for 1.25 seconds. His ability has an active effect from the moment he hits the ground to 0.25 seconds later and within this time frame Aether blocks bullets that are already within the radius of his ability. His ability can be used only once before going on cool down.
Strengths / Weakness
Aether is a very strong character in close quarters. He does not work well in very open maps.
Modes Aether will work well in
- Zone Control
- Beast Tamer
Maps Aether could work well in
Any close map with plenty of objects to hide behind
- The Thicket
- Lock Down
- Avoid using pound unless you are close to an opponent or you know no-one is nearby.
- Approach enemies so they can't shoot and hit you during the pound wind up.
- Step across and shoot players you have stunned with Aether for reliable quick kills.
- Wait behind objects or around corners until people reveals themselves then pound to stun and kill
- A balance of aggression and stealth is needed with Aether.
- Don't use the stun out in the open.
- Try to pound people into corners to reduce their avenues of escape.